Towing can be dangerous. The unexpected happens. Connect your trailer breakaway system. It won’t stop your trailing unhitching but will help reduce damage if your trailer escapes.
Install your caravan breakaway system yourself. Follow the instructions. This is not the time to wing it. Once installed, make sure to test your breakaway system by pulling out the break-away pin.
Your breakaway battery system will power your caravan’s electronic brakes for at least 15 minutes. Enough time to recover from that terrifying situation.
A trailer brake away system is mandatory for any trailer over two tonnes gross mass (GTM). Your trailer or caravan already needs brakes on each wheel. Check your specific state for any additional requirements.
Make sure your trailer brake battery is full charged before hitting the road. Just connect to the 12V line. You can check battery levels at any time from the battery box. Just press the “Test” button. Only travel when it has a full charge.
- Complete trailer breakaway system
- Will power your caravan brakes for at least 15 minutes
- Quickly activates when trailer becomes unhitched
- 5Ah 12V DC rechargeable battery
- Built in battery Charger and LED battery meter
- Fits all 12v tow vehicle and 1 to 2 axle trailer equipped with electric brakes
- Material: ABS plastic
- Voltage: 12V
- Battery: 12V/5Ah rechargeable lead-acid battery
- Battery box wire length: 70cm
- Switch wire length: 52.5cm
- Switch steel cable length: 160cm
- Battery box dimensions: 13.5cm x 12.5cm x 8cm (L x W x H)
- Colour: Black
- 1 x Breakaway Battery Box
- 1 x Breakaway Battery with Charger
- 1 x Breakaway Switch